Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Leaving Home

It is a night of mixed emotions.  Tonight is my last and final night in Australia.  Tomorrow morning I wake up nice and early to catch my first flight to Sydney in order to make my way to Hong Kong.  While I am anxious and excited for the new and up-coming adventure, I am a little sad to say goodbye to what I consider to be my newest family and home.  Although they might be relieved to finally see me go, the last 3 some odd weeks here in Adelaide have been incredible.  A vacation from vacation, I've gained another window into Australian life and culture, in addition to making some incredible friends that I will never forget for the rest of my life.  I'm a very fortunate traveller, continuing on my way.

Besides saying my goodbyes to the people and country of Australia, there isn't too much new to report in this post, other than I will be back in the Northern Hemisphere very soon.  2 hour flight to Sydney, and 9 hour flight to Hong Kong.  I'm looking forward to the summer heat and sunsets that aren't as early as 6:30.
 
Since I don't know how long it will take me to get my bearings in China, it's probably best to bring you August's Speedo Picture!  In honor of my new home and family, I proudly introduce them to you in this fashion.  Yes, the Speedo is family friendly, but only for the coolest of families. : )

Judging by my weight, home with the family did me a little too well.  I'm sure the traveller's diet will help soon enough.

4 comments:

  1. Priceless! They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on the last two blogs! Looks like good stuff. I hope you showed Was and Rene my picture...since they still don't know me. ;) We should have tried to skype while you were all together. Can't wait to hear how Rie is...and see pictures of her family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all caught up. Looking forward to Hong Kong and China. Dude, you dodged a bullet on the sleep study. Not worth it.

    ReplyDelete